MouseScrappers.com

MouseScrappers.com (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017 SPEED SCRAP MARATHON (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9759)
-   -   Chit Chat for 2017 Speed Scrap marathon (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16228)

Carolc 07-24-2017 06:04 PM

Chit Chat for 2017 Speed Scrap marathon

Our annual marathon is this weekend! :yeah: :scrapbooking:

Let's use this thread to ask questions, etc...

Do you have any goals for the weekend?

Is this your first time participating in the marathon?

If not, how many years have you participated in?

Are you set up with a SLACK (chatroom) account? If not, see the post about it!

If you have any questions, post away!!

Aussiegirl 07-24-2017 08:56 PM

So excited for this weekend!!! My personal goal is a handful of pages to complete our trip from 2012. My non personal goal is to work on pages from my husband's cousin and his wife's trip to Disneyland Paris. I have copies of many of their photos, and as a thank you for my Disneyland Paris souvenears, I want to make them an album!

All set up in the chat room (I hope). I have participated in all of the ss marathons I believe, and get excited about each one of them!!!

snowdrop 07-24-2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussiegirl (Post 170093)
So excited for this weekend!!! My personal goal is a handful of pages to complete our trip from 2012. My non personal goal is to work on pages from my husband and his wife's trip to Disneyland Paris. I have copies of many of their photos, and as a thank you for my Disneyland Paris souvenears, I want to make them an album!

Can you make my DLP album too? :lol2:

krscraps 07-25-2017 06:25 AM

Hi! I'm Kim!

--Have fun? I really only do traditional digiscrapping for fun. All my printed books are pocket style (since I take too many photos if there is such a thing). I do want to eventually get an 8x8 book together of my favorite traditional pages, so maybe I'll make some for that!

--Nope!

--Oh goodness. Three years I think?

Are you set up with a SLACK (chatroom) account?
--Yup!

Super excited!

roxana 07-25-2017 06:29 AM

I dont have DLP pics, but can send you some of my last trip to DW Dawn!!! LOL
:lol2::lol2::lol2:

roxana 07-25-2017 06:35 AM

I'll answer your questions Kim:

-Get some pages done of course as I have 6 books to finish, and since I'm now working buuu and may not be able to make the 4 hours deadline in most of the SS, I hope I can make the one for the goody bags!!!

--No

--Not sure, since 2010? Can't read the year in my Mickey trophy in my siggie LOL

Yes

CoralTurtle 07-25-2017 08:36 AM

So excited!!! Got my new computer set up, and trying to be remotely organized for this weekend!!!!:yeah:

Here are my answers:

To actually scrap for the first time since the Marathon in 2015. That was the only time I've scrapped since I moved to Orlando 5 years ago:ack: :sad2:

In 2016 my computer was just to old to get anything meaningful done in a limited amount of time.

I'm really hoping to get back to scrapping regularly. I really miss it:woohoo:

Nope. :D

Even though I've been a member since 2011, I think I've only done 1 Marathon, in 2015! I'm a slow scrapper :blush:

Yes :yes:

AMercil 07-25-2017 03:07 PM

My personal goal is to get organized and finish my book from our trip last February. I would also like to complete all the scraps!

Nope.

Every Year!

Yes

ratgirl24 07-25-2017 03:28 PM

Would love to get the full marathon medal, but we are going on a college visit Friday. Might be able to catch up!

No, I have done the last two and got full medals. It is a hard weekend, but so fun and rewarding to finish lots of pages.

Yes, I used last year.

kolohigirl 07-25-2017 04:08 PM

So excited for this weekend. I look forward to this weekend ever since I joined.

Do you have any goals for the weekend? My goal should be to finish previous trips so I can cross them off the list, but I will probably work on my October 2016 trip with my son. He is filling a little put out that I have spent so much time on his sister's book I have been working on. It was non-Disney but it documents a pretty important event to us. Regardless, I plan on finishing all the speed scraps, earn my medal, post lots of love and chat on Slack.

Is this your first time participating in the marathon? No this will be my 4th Marathon and I'm a three-time gold medal recipient.

Are you set up with a SLACK (chatroom) account? I am set-up and a shout out to JLynn and Megan for tearing it out with me Saturday.