MouseScrappers.com

MouseScrappers.com (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/index.php)
-   DVC Chat (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9651)
-   -   Big change to DVC resale policy :( (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15717)

Carolc 04-04-2016 08:24 PM

Big change to DVC resale policy :(

Ironically, some of us were just talking about DVC during the marathon...

As if the restrictions imposed a few years ago weren't bad enough, now even more benefits have been taken away from those who buy resale (as opposed to straight from Disney). In a nutshell, " As of April 4, 2016, owners who purchase from anyone other than Disney will not have access to DVC incidental benefits (also known as Membership Extras) such as Member discounts on dining, shopping, Member-exclusive events, and certain special Member offers."

See the full article at the ResalesDVC website https://www.resalesdvc.com/changes-t...resale-policy/

If you have any questions about DVC, I highly recommend you talk to Kinn Tutas - he took the time to answer all my questions before I bought through resale (even though I was already in a contract with another company). When I was able to buy a second contract, I went to him first and it was a significantly better experience.

tinkerbell1112 04-05-2016 08:21 AM

wow. so if you have something you want to sell, what do you do? sell it back to Disney?

Carolc 04-05-2016 09:33 AM

No, if you don't want to be a DVC member any more, you can sell it through a broker. I should clarify that this new policy only applies to contracts sold through resale channels after April 1st. It does not apply to existing members. Disney also made a big change a few years ago.... you can no longer book the DL Hotel, Paradise Pier or DCL (and some other things) if you buy through resale... however members that bought prior to that date, like myself, were grandfathered in. Bottom line, Disney wants people to buy straight through them and not resale

Spacecadetswife 04-10-2016 04:30 PM

Carol, we bought in 2001, so I guess we're grandfathered too. We own at VWL. However, we're considering looking for a smaller contract at BCV. Do you think this mean we won't get the bennies while staying on those points? It's a little confusing.

Carolc 04-12-2016 01:10 PM

That's an interesting question since I was initially going to say it doesn't matter currently if you stay on points or not - you still get a discount in the parks. So I wonder now that there is a date associated with it, are they going to instruct Cast Members to look at the membership date? Or will they come out with yet another new card for the people who became members after April 4? (seems wasteful). But I'd think you could just show your existing card to get the benefits. You might want to check out dvcnews.com to see if anyone has brought this up yet :)

Rassen 12-01-2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolc (Post 165665)
That's an interesting question since I started melting my belly fat with fat burners and was initially going to say it doesn't matter currently if you stay on points or not - you still get a discount in the parks. So I wonder now that there is a date associated with it, are they going to instruct Cast Members to look at the membership date? Or will they come out with yet another new card for the people who became members after April 4? (seems wasteful). But I'd think you could just show your existing card to get the benefits. You might want to check out dvcnews.com to see if anyone has brought this up yet :)

How big was the impact of this change over the last couple of years? Did it kill many resellers?